CLAT: Common Law Admission Test
For young aspiring lawyers CLAT is the best roadway to get into NATIONAL LAW COLLEGES.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a common entrance examination to the 17 national law universities of India. The examination is held after 10+2 for admission to UG LAW course and the post graduate course (masters of law LLM) is also conducted by these bodies. The examination consists of objective type covering questions on Elementary Mathematics or Numerical Ability, English with Comprehension, General knowledge and Current affairs , Legal Aptitude and Logical reasoning which goes on for two hours. The CLAT scores are also valid for other top universities of the country.
In SOURAV SIR’S CLASSES we will acquaint you with all the required information and aware you of various career options which will not only fetch you a very good fortune but will also give you a respectable position in society.
The 17 NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITIES which selects the students on the basis of CLAT examination are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram ManoharLohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
SOURAV SIR’S CLASSES will help you in by providing high quality study materials and coaching both online and offline for the CLAT examination and will help you to achieve your dreams of becoming a lawyer.
Earlier the examination was conducted by a single university only, but now it has been decided that the examination shall be conducted by all the participating Universities on rotational basis in the order of their year of establishment.
Pattern of the question paper:
Duration of the Examination: 2 hours
Total Number of Questions: 200
Total Score: 200
Marking Scheme: +1 for correct answer and -1/4 for wrong answers
Moreover, in SOURAV SIR’S CLASSES we will acquaint you with all the required information and necessary details regarding the examination.
Subjects and Their Respective Weight-Age:
- Legal Reasoning 50 Marks
- English 40 Marks
- Mathematics (Elementary) 20 Marks
- General Knowledge/Current Affairs 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning 40 Marks
The CLAT examination has no fixed syllabus; here is a generalised gist of topics which the aspirants must cover.
SOURAV SIR’S CLASSES will help you in all the above subjects/topics and prepare you at each step by helping you with study materials and coaching, both online and offline at a very affordable fee.
WHO CAN APPEAR FOR CLAT EXAMINATION?
For undergraduate course (LLB):
- Aspirants must be 10+2 passed with minimum 45% aggregate marks for general category and 40% for SC/ST and person with disability.
- The aspirants must have fulfilled the above requirement during the time of CLAT examination.
- The aspirant must be aged below 20yrs (General Category) and 22yrs for the reserved category.
For postgraduate course (LLM):
Aspirants must have at least 55% aggregate in their undergraduate LLB degree (for general category) and 50% for the reserved categories.
The centres for examination are:
Career opportunities in the field of LAW:
Law is the most fruitful career opportunity as it has both rewarding jobs and pays high incentives. The biggest advantage in this field is that aspirants from any background can apply (i.e. open for all streams).With the entry of a number of law firms, the recruitment of law graduates has reached a new high. These firms recruit students directly from top LAW colleges through campus placements. Most of these firms pay handsome salary packages to the young law recruit depending upon the stature of the law firms and the academic background (merit) of the candidate.
In SOURAV SIRS’ CLASSES one will get a whole briefing about the examination structure and more information about career opportunities. We guarantee improved performance of the students and noticeable change with a very short period and no other institution can match our level of accuracy and success rate. SOURAV SIR’S CLASSES help the students in every possible way by taking them a step forward towards achieving their life goals.
Study Materials :