STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY
If you want to crack IIT JAM GEOLOGY EXAMINATION, Then this STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY is the best for you! Joining the course in STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY can help you gain the finest experience, improve and harness your skills in various domains marketing. At the same time, you get to do it in a competitive context against thousands of participants where each one tries to build the most predictive path. STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY will show you the path to achieve your goal. Pushing your limit can result in better performance and smaller prediction errors. Being able to achieve high ranks consistently STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY can help you accelerate your career in IIT JAM GEOLOGY EXAMINATION.
In STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY we have highly qualified teachers and researchers have combed through several books and journals, having collected and processed all the information so that it becomes easily accessible to the student. The study material is prepared in a time tested fashion with the student kept in mind in such a fashion that the student can catch up on the various topics in the event of missed lectures. Besides the theory being extensively discussed, an enormous collection of problems has been added so that the student can learn to apply the concepts over a diverse spectrum of difficulty. All the problems have been worked out thoroughly so that in case the student gets stuck, we've got you covered !
IIT JAM GEOLOGY COURSES
IITs and IISc’s conduct Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) since 2004 to provide admissions to Four Semesters- M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech., etc.Candidates aspiring to pursue courses related to Geology must sit for the Geology paper of IIT JAM. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Geology (three years/ six semesters) and any two subjects among Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biological Science are necessary to pursue a course related to Geology.To qualify IIT JAM, you must study strictly as per JAM Syllabus. The syllabus for IIT JAM will give a fair idea about the related topics and subjects that a candidate should prepare.
Geology is the study of the earth (geo means earth, and ology means the study of). This is a very simple definition for something so complex. Geology involves studying the materials that make up the earth, the features and structures found on Earth as well as the processes that act upon them. Geology also deals with the study of the history of all life that's ever lived on or is living on the earth now. Studying how life and our planet have changed over time is an important part of geology.
The IIT's and IISc has a world class course for Masters in Geology: the M.S. Geology course. Besides the enormous amount of pride and confidence that comes on getting selected for any of the courses, a candidate goes through rigorous grooming and training, and at the end of the three-year-long course, becomes a cut above the rest. Not only does the candidate get to work with stalwarts in the field of Geology, but the student also gets the orientation and mentoring from the best, in order to be the best on a worldwide level. It is a well-known fact that many Nobel Laureates visit the campus and conduct seminars, which the students of the Institute are encouraged to attend and interact.
Besides the academic prospects, a student may also get to apply for jobs with high remuneration from multinational companies as a geologist.
WE ARE COVERING THE ENTRANCE EXAMS OF THE FOLLOWING INSTITUTIONS
- IIT Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- IIT Bombay, Mumbai
- IIT Delhi, Delhi
- IIT Gandhinagar, Gujrat
- IIT Guwahati, Assam
- IIT Hyderabad, Telangana
- IIT Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- IIT Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- IIT Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
- IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
- IIT Madras, Chennai
- IIT Patna, Bihar
- IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- IIT Ropar, Punjab
INTERVIEW SPECIAL GUIDENCE
- Special guidance for IIT JAM GEOLOGY
- Special notes
- Question discussion on the basis of our successful past student's discussion
CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR SAMPLE VIDEOS
- Regular live classes are conducted by our prestigious faculty over Skype as they go over numerous concepts and problem-solving tricks.
- Special doubt-clearing classes are conducted regularly as the student progresses through the course.
- Mock tests are conducted on a weekly basis to track the progress of the student.
- A thorough analysis of the tests are conducted so that the student gets to work on weak points.
- Pre-recorded video lectures by our esteemed faculty are available for those who cannot attend regular classes.
- Lectures are custom tailored according to the course requirement, adhering strictly to the latest syllabus.
- Special doubt clearing classes are conducted regularly as the student progresses through the course.
- Offline live classes are held every day at our prestigious study centres, conducted by our esteemed faculty.
- Regular doubt clearing sessions one to one clearing is conducted.
- Video backups are provided for students who have missed the classes.
- Weekly mock tests are conducted to track the progress of the students.
- A complete analysis of the tests are conducted so that the student gets to work on the weak points.
WANT TO KNOW HOW STUDENTS DID IN THE PAST?
My name is Jatin Srinivas. I am from Karnataka. I was sure about that I will be selected but not expected such rank. The faculty member and Sourav sir greatly supported me for my preparation. I have never missed my classes. Study material and mock test are awesome.
I am very much thankful to them, because of them I am able to crack IIT JAM GEOLOGY.And the video lectures are also very good.
- JATIN SRINIVAS
Genuinely I would like to thank STUDY ALPHA ACADEMY for helping me crack IIT JAM GEOLOGY. The guidance of all the teachers and the study material was amazing.
The experience was amazing too. Everything is too perfect to take you through IIT JAM exam.Special thanks to Sourav sir for helping me to get success and achieve my dream.
- ABHA THAKUR
WE ARE COVERING
IIT JAM Geology Syllabus :
The Planet Earth
- Dating rocks and age of the Earth
- Earth-moon system
- Earth’s magnetism and gravity
- Elements of Plate tectonics
- Energy in the earth system
- Formation of continents and oceans
- Geosphere and the composition of the Earth
- Interior of earth
- Origin of the Solar System and the Earth
- Orogenic cycles
- Shape and size of the earth
- Volcanism and volcanic landforms
- Soil Erosion
- Transportation and deposition of soil
- Structurally controlled landforms
- Outcrop patterns
- Dip and strike
- Shear zones
- Maps and cross sections
- Classification and origin of folds
- Origin of faults, joints, foliation and lineation
- Fossils - their mode of preservation and utility
- Fossils in India
- Major steps in the evolution of life forms
- Morphological characters
- Distribution and classification of the stratigraphic horizons of India
- Litho-, chronoand biostratigraphic classification
- Principles of stratigraphy
- Classification of minerals
- Mineralogy of common rock-forming minerals
- Mode of occurrence of minerals in rocks
- Optical properties of uniaxial and biaxial minerals
- Physical properties of minerals
- Structure of silicates
- Symmetry and forms in common crystal classes
- Transmitted polarised light microscopy
- Definition and classification of rocks
- Crystallization from magma
- Forms of igneous bodies
- Genesis of igneous rocks
- Igneous rocks
- Metamorphic rocks - classification, texture and properties
- Sedimentary rocks – classification
- Size and shape of sedimentary bodies
- Texture and structure of sedimentary rocks
- Coal and petroleum occurrences in India
- General processes of formation of mineral deposits
- Metallic and non-metallic mineral deposits — distribution in India
- Mode of occurrence of metallic and non-metallic mineral deposits
- Physical characters
- Properties of common economic minerals
- Elements of Mining Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Ground Water
- Mineral exploration
- Principles of Engineering Geology
All topic with analysis
Complete past year solution with explanation
Mock papers with solution
More than 2600 pages +